The IFPA have 11 centres around the Country.
Crisis Pregnancy Helpline Lo Call 1850 49 50 51
Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Pregnancy testing is available in the family planning clinics in Dublin (Cathal Brugha Street and Tallaght) and Limerick.
- Free crisis pregnancy counselling.
- All appointments for the counselling service are made through the national pregnancy counselling helpline, 1850 49 50 51. During the lo-cost call IFPA staff will be able to book a suitable appointment for you, give you directions and answer some basic questions.
- Full support and information on parenting and after a child’s birth is provided, and referral to an agency in the client’s local area is given as appropriate
- Full adoption support is provided and referral information to an adoption agency is provided as appropriate.
- If requested, contact details of abortion clinics will be given as part of a face-to-face crisis pregnancy counselling session in which all choices are discussed – parenting, adoption and abortion. Information on visa applications for migrant women is also provided.
- Drop in appointments are available for emergency contraception only in the family planning clinics in Tallaght and Cathal Brugha Street.
- Out of hours/outreach services are available in Cathal Brugha Street clinic on Thursdays and on Saturday mornings in Cathal Brugha Street Clinic.
- All partners and family members are provided with counselling if required.
- Post abortion support is provided by telephone and face-to-face counselling as appropriate.
- Post abortion medical check-ups are provided in the family planning clinics in Dublin (Cathal Brugha Street and Tallaght) and Limerick. The IFPA also work closely with a network of sensitive GPs who also provide post abortion medical checkups.
- The IFPA has 11 centres across the country in Cork, Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, Gorey, Letterkenny, Limerick, Monaghan, Sligo, Tallaght & Waterford.
- All of the IFPA's counsellors are professionally qualified and subject to external professional supervision.
- The IFPA offers a comprehensive service in relation to pregnancy counselling (including sexual health and contraceptive information) and post abortion medical and psychological care.
- A comprehensive information pathway to support migrant women in accessing appropriate travel documents and visas is provided.